Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weepy, Happy, Mommy Moment

Sienna is becoming mobile! She crawled/scooted backwards across our living room on Saturday, and I started crying. It was such a happy moment but also a sad realization that our baby is growing up quickly. It is so fun to see her learn how to move. You can tell she's confused as to why she is going backwards, but she just loves that she is at least moving! Tonight, she started rocking back & forth on her hands and knees.
Also on Saturday, she stood up on her own (not holding on to anything) for about 7 seconds. (That is a long time for such a little person!) I was holding her, and I let go to see if she could stand alone... she sure could! She is so determined!
Sienna is just babbling away. Her current repertoire includes "ba", "da", "ta", "ya" and "phhhh". Her babble has slowed in the past few days, as she is concentrating more on crawling and standing.
This video montage is from her babbling while playing with her toys about a week ago and from her crawling on Saturday.


(Sienna rubs her feet together when she is comfortable/happy, just like me and her Uncle Kyle. Just precious.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I miss my sweet little niece! We need to have a skype date with ya'll so we can get a Williams family fix!

Daysha said...

Believe me you are not alone!!!

Becky said...

How sweet! I miss her--she's gonna be walking before you know it! Sad yes,but so exciting all at the same time! Give her a kiss from me!