Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Dave and Susan started an awesome tradition this year. Each year around Christmas, they are throwing a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party for all their grandchildren. They are keeping the kids overnight, making Jesus a birthday cake, and doing lots of fun activities. Sienna is the only grandchild thus far, but I know Pops & Grandma are looking forward to more munchkins joining this event. For now, they will just have to spoil Sienna! She had such a great time, and Scott and I enjoyed a date night to finish up our Christmas shopping.
Sienna LOVES Grandma's manger

Tracing her hand... heard this took a few tries!

They used her hand tracing to make a Christmas tree. Grandma then helped her finger paint ornaments. Such a good keepsake!

Stirring the cake mix

Tasting the cake mix!

Reading a book with Grandma before bed. (Notice the picture of Sienna from last Christmas in the background!)

Watching a video with Aunt Anne (home from college & got to join in on the party) before bed.

Making a pine cone bird feeder with Pops. Sienna LOVES to watch the birds with Pops.

Music lesson from Pops. Love both of their expressions.

Jesus' finished birthday cake!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So weird, but for whatever reason my blogger account just now showed all these updated posts! The photos are so cute! How is the sugar detox going too? :)

Krista said...

Your blogger account is not wrong... I am just getting caught up with some Christmas posts. I actually still have a couple more to do! My sugar detox was abandonded after a week... I just ended up eating more carbs, so not good. HA! You'd think I'd realize by now that I am not good with any type of extreme change in my diet. :)