Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sib Visits!

This past week, Scott and I got to see some of our favorite people... our siblings! Kyle and Hannah came to KC for an extended weekend, and I traveled to Northern CA to see Karla (and Matt for a bit). It does our souls well to hug on our siblings and spend some time with them.
Kyle, Hannah & Sienna. She loved seeing these two! She is still talking about them today! She thinks any girl with long, brown hair is Aunt Hannah -- too cute!

Sooooo happy! She was outside playing ball with Kyle, Hannah, Daddy, Pops & Grandma.... heard they all had a great time!

Having fun at dinner with Gramma, Grampa, Kyle, Hannah, Scott & I

I definitely was sad to leave Scott & Sienna to travel to California, but I was excited to have some time with just my sister. I got to see their new town, and we traveled to Sausalito, Muir Woods & Napa Valley. We had such a good time! Nothing is as good as having a sister for your bestie.
Sausalito... insanely beautiful town right across the San Francisco Bay. It really does feel like a little piece of Italy from the shops, to the food, to the scenery (reminded me a little of our time in the Almalfi Coast). We had lunch right on the water & then some shopping.

That's San Fran in the distance.

We drove up to Muir Woods and did a 3 mile hike through the redwood forrest... beautiful & so much fun!

My co-worker lent me her Joby (best invention ever --- definitely want one for my b-day), which allowed us to take so many fun pics together.

Failed picture with the Joby... but you see the fun we had!

At the top of our hike.... we had a gorgeous view of the mountains and of the ocean (right, Karla?).

In Napa.... lots of good wine & good food!

4 comments:

Aunt Karla said...

It is so great to have your Sis as your Bestie! I loved having you here for a fun week in sunny CA! That oceanview hike was BEAUTIFUL!! Ha!
Love, Love, Love you!!!

Nana Jones said...

What great pics of my fave BIG girls. The only thing better than hanging out with my girls is having them hang out together and love on each other. I love you Krista Elaine and Karla Joy and am so thankful for your awesome relationship.

Unknown said...

We had so much fun getting to spend some great bonding time with your growing little one! We missed getting to see you more but can't wait for your NYC visit!

Molly said...

Love it! Great pictures Krista!