Friday, April 30, 2010

The latest...

Looking at the date of my last post gives me a bit more awareness of how busy I have become since starting my new position at Hallmark. It's been exhilarating, but I literally feel like I'm running out of the door in the morning, running around the halls of Hallmark, driving home as fast as I can, and playing with Sienna until the second she goes to bed. By the time her bedtime rolls around, I love to just relax with Scott or to do something that doesn't require thinking. Motivating myself to get on the computer & blog is getting harder!
Anyhow, Sienna has been changing so much in the past few weeks. She gets more adorable and fun everyday.... seems impossible, but it's true. She is just the most precious gift ever.
Sienna is trying to crawl. This week she's started to rock back & forth on her hands and knees. She is trying her hardest to crawl, but she's not quite there yet! She gets frustrated sometimes, and that's when she uses her 'hulk' voice. Too funny. Sometimes I get concerned because her face turns bright red doing her hulk voice! She literally holds her breath & growls. She is also close to cutting her second tooth. It's still not up yet, but I can see it under her gums.
She has turned into quite the flirt and ham out in public. Sienna loves to go out with Scott and I. In fact, I think she gets bored being at home all day long. She loves smiling at perfect strangers (guess that's a good & bad thing!), and she usually wins over our waitress at any restaurant we visit. She smiles at all the kids and laughs when they smile back at her. She really is quite the happy baby.
Sienna loves to take her socks off her feet. When she's in her car seat or in her crib at nap time, she almost always takes her socks off her piggies, as we call them. She thinks it's hilarious, and we think it's adorable!
She continues her preference for mommy (SMILE) and her strong-willed personality. At her sitter's during the week, she has started only eating enough just to get by during the day. Then when I get home, she wants to make up for all the eating she has withheld from during the day. What a nut. :)
She is down to two naps a day. Her morning nap is really short (maybe 40 minutes), and then her afternoon nap is usually 1.5 hours. She has been going down later & later for her afternoon nap (today she was up from 10:45 AM - 3 PM), so I bet it's only a month or so until she is down to one nap instead of two. I will welcome that, as it will give us more time to do things away from our home this summer!
She laughs hysterically when Scott rubs his whiskers on her bare skin. Let me tell you... hearing her laugh like this first thing in the morning does wonders for my mood! (I am not so much a morning person... 6:30 AM is still an early wake-up call for me!)
She loves dogs, and she is trying desperately to make friends with our dog, Maddie. Unfortunately, I think Maddie is still a little jealous of her. They are getting more play time in as Sienna gets more vocal & mobile, so I'm hoping they are fast friends soon!

1 comment:

Aunt Karla said...

Finally!!! A new blog about my baby niece...and it was worth the wait! Go Sis!! You put a lot of cute updates in this one! I can not wait to get squeezing on Sienna pup. She is so ADORABLE! I am counting down the days until I am back in KC! Love you Krista. Miss you all soooo much.