Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Two

Buglet -
You turn two today!  Daddy and I are so excited to celebrate you this weekend.  We love being your parents; you bring so much love, joy and excitement into our home.  You are such a dynamic little girl.  You are very determined, and you definitely know what you want.  Underneath that determination lays a tender, soft spirit, too.  Daddy and I love how sensitive you are, and we love to protect you when you are feeling a little unsure of a situation.  You love to be loud, to sing, to dance, to jump on the couch, and to play under the covers in our bed.  You love for us to make up funny songs or to sing you new songs.  Some of your favorites lately are "My Girl", "The Corduroy Song", "Walking on Sunshine" and "This Little Light of Mine".
Your imagination has really taken off!  You love to play in your kitchen and make us all kinds of 'meals'.  You also like to put your dolls and stuffed animals in time out.  You tell them, "Listen.  You no hit."  Or, "You no listen to mommy."  You like to put your dolly in your shopping cart and pretend to go to Hy-Vee.  You wave at me and say, "Bye-bye, Mommy.  I go to Hy-Vee (Hy-B) and get a cookie."
You are really into painting and building things.  You don't really color that much anymore, but you love to use the watercolors and make little craft projects with me.  You also like to paint yourself using mommy's make-up.  You are always asking, "Mommy, where my lipstick?"  So for your birthday, we bought you a mini make-up set.  We hope you don't ever realize it's not real make-up!  Even more, I hope you always know that you are beautiful without make-up.  And I'm not just saying that because I am your mommy.  You are beautiful.  Especially when you grin.  :)
You are becoming more independent.  You are starting to learn how to dress yourself.  You keep telling me that you are ready to wear big girl panties, too.  And we've talked about saying bye-bye to your paci now that you are two and a big girl.  I think it will be hard for you (and for daddy and I) to part with that paci, but it's about time.  I hope you aren't sad for too long.
You understand choices and consequences for your actions.  You respond well when we give you a choice between two options.  And if you aren't ready to do what mommy or daddy has asked, you often put yourself in time out until you are ready to obey.  It's so precious!  We have to turn our faces away from you, so you don't see us laugh and smile.  (In Colorado, you went and sat by a tree in 'time out' until you were ready to cooperate and listen to us.  It was so hilarious!)
Along with your fiercely independent side, you have a sweet side that melts both Daddy and I.  Just randomly, you will look at us and say, "I love you, Daddy.  I love you, Mommy."  The other day, you were getting ready to take a bath, and you were playing with my hair and said, "Mommy, you pretty."  Then you turned to look at Daddy and said, "Daddy, you old."  Ha!  You are such a little rascal!
We love you more than you can imagine.  Happy second birthday, lovie.
Mommy & Daddy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a precious letter. I teared up through the whole thing. You made me want to have a daughter! I love what amazing parents you are and what an amazing kid Sienna is. I just love you all so much!

Becky said...

awe now that's just precious...you are the sweetest little Mommy and I love you. Sienna is beyond blessed with the two of you and I am proud of you both. The Lord knew what he was thinking when he made you parents and I can't wait to see what he does next for your sweet little family of three...my prayers are always with you friend. You are treasured...
Kiss Sienna for me!

Unknown said...

That's so precious :) Can't wait to see you all soon