Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby Preparations

Today my friends Brooke & Alicia graciously volunteered to help me register for most of the items we'll need for baby girl. It was AWESOME to have their help. We got through the entire store in about 2 hours. If I were to register without their help, it would have easily taken 5+ hours! So word to the wise, take someone with you that's had a baby when you register! Thanks girls!

While I was gone, Scott surprised me and started clearing out the bedroom that will soon transform into a nursery. We had a lot of random stuff in that bedroom, so there is quite a bit to move. Scott got most of the major stuff out of there, and it looks so big & open now. I am excited to get the room painted (another Scott project - thanks honey!) before her furniture comes in a few weeks. It's all coming together! Can't believe she'll be here soon.

I'm still feeling good. My emotions are a bit of a roller coaster at times, but I guess that's to be expected. Today marks the end of my 26th week, so baby girl is about 2 pounds and 14 inches long. She's growing fast these days! Her hearing is fully developed by now, so she can hear our voices and Maddie's barks! In the next month, she'll start filling out & putting on more body fat. Thanks to everyone for your prayers & support. This has been such a fun journey to share with you all!

3 comments:

Molly said...

I love the run down of the registering and your precious hubby helping out without being asked. Just one favor? I need before and after pictures! I wanna see that baby girls room so bad and I will feel a little more like I am there if I can see it. Pretty please?

Love you! So glad you are still feeling wonderful!

Jenny Cowart said...

Yay for registering! Where are you registered at? Im so impressed that you are still able to run that much! Im not going to mention how I have difficulty running that far and I don't have your excuse! :)

Love you!

Krista said...

I'll definitely post pictures of the room! And, Jenny, we're registered at Babies R Us.