Saturday, July 25, 2009

4 weeks to go

Today is a very special day for a couple of reasons.

First, I gained another sister-in-law today! Andrew and Jenny got married this afternoon in Memphis, TN. Since I'm so far along in my pregnancy, I was unable to travel to the wedding. However, they broadcast it on the Internet, so I got to tune in and be part of the celebration. Jenny looked beautiful, and I am so happy for them. Congratulations, you two! Today is the start of an incredible journey -- words honestly can't explain!

Also, today marks the end of my 36th week of pregnancy. Baby girl is officially due 4 weeks from today. WOW! Getting excited, but still feel like there is a lot to do. Scott comes home this evening from Memphis, and I've got a couple of things for him to help me with in the nursery. It's almost done!

Scott scheduled a massage for me today for our anniversary. It was bliss. The masseuse said the muscles in my left side were tighter than the right, which makes sense. Baby girl has been predominantly lying on my left side. She is curled up in a U-shape. Her head is down, and she's laying on her left side with her back pressed against the side of my stomach. Her legs are curled under my ribs. When she stretches her legs, they either hit my ribs or push on the other side of my stomach. She has stopped doing somersaults and major turns in the past few days. She is getting bigger, so there is not very much room for her to move around in there. I got a little panicky about her decrease in movement, so I called my doctor and she assured me that change in movement is normal as babies get bigger. Just need to make sure I am feeling her kick/move about 10 times within 2 hours. She moves the most right after I eat!

2 comments:

Courtney Connelly said...

Hello Krista! Congrats on only four weeks to go, so exciting. Pregnancy massages are the best, I had one each week the last month or so! :) Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl! Take care.

Molly said...

Oh the count the kicks thing would make me a mess. I mean, I would hate sitting there waiting for a kick. Maybe it comes naturally to some, but I think I would be a freak about it. Can you see me? Hope that gives you a good laugh...there are good reasons some people don't give birth to their children, huh? Talk about psycho!

Love you and love hearing these details. You have a precious hubby on your hands. Make sure you never forget that! {{HUGS}}