Sunday, August 02, 2009

Baby month

August is here, and we've got about three weeks to go! Our house is nearly 'ready' for baby girl Williams to come home! Scott and I are getting very excited about our little girl's arrival. It still feels kind of surreal that we are about to become parents. I mean, we know that we are about to become parents to this precious baby in my belly, but knowing and doing and two TOTALLY different things. As much as we've tried to prepare our minds, hearts & home, we still know that we can never be fully prepared for this experience. I'm hoping the next few weeks will pass quickly, and we won't become anxious.
Scott and I had dinner at Lidia's on Friday night, which is one of our favorite restuarants. Scott mentioned this might be the last time we come here before she arrives - how strange, yet wonderful! On Saturday, we headed to Babies R Us to buy some of the last few things we needed for her nursery. It felt great to get a few things checked off the 'to do' list. :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

You are right, as much as you prepare, there is nothing like actually becoming parents! I am so excited for you all. I can hardly contain myself!

Blake and I went on about 10 "last dates" before becoming a family. It became quite comical. Finally we started taking friends with us because we figured it would be a while til we went out as adults too!

Enjoy this time and I do hope it moves quickly for you. Are you still feeling good?

Daysha said...

So so exciting. Get some rest.

Nana Jones said...

Krista, you have done a wonderful job preparing for Baby Girl. I am so proud of you and praying for these last few weeks not to drag on and on for you and Scott. I remember the end of my pregnancy while waiting for you to arrive. I was excited, anxious, and so full of wonder and awe about what you would look like and if you would be a girl or boy. Your Dad and I both wanted a baby girl! And now our baby girl is having her own BABY GIRL!

I love you so, sweets, and cannot wait to hold the new little miss. I am here to help you:)