Thursday, August 13, 2009

Counting down...

Today I am 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant! I can hardly believe it... but then I look down at my belly! LOL! Thought I'd provide a few updates on recent events in the past week.

This weekend Scott and I got a lot of our baby prep done. We installed the car seat bases in each of our cars, rearranged some furniture to make room for the pack-n-play and swing, packed our hospital bag, bought diapers and put some finishing touches on her nursery. Our home is ready for our baby girl!

We also went to a Royals game. It was a beautiful night, so we decided to squeeze in one last game before she arrives.
Sporting our blue to support the home team.

Nothing like a ballpark hot dog... especially when you're pregnant & it's guilt-free!

I love this man!

I had another doctor's appointment on Tuesday. We had a sonogram to check on her growth, and everything looked healthy and great. We saw her breathing and swallowing -- she was eating breakfast! So cute. The sonographer estimated her weight at 6 lbs. 11 oz. Getting big! The doctor said she won't let me go much past a week from my due date, if she doesn't come by then.

My college roommate, Tara, came to visit me the past couple days. It was so great to see her! We had a good time just catching up on life.

I am starting to wind down at work this week. I have a few deadlines late this week, so next week I should be able to wrap up most things in preparation for leaving. I am glad to be slowing down and giving myself more time to prepare mentally & emotionally for our daughter's arrival.
It is still hard to wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to be gone from work for many months. I haven't had a break from work that is longer than 2 weeks since starting to work after college! I am sure that once she arrives, I won't think twice about all the projects at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krista I am just so excited for you. You look great and sound great. I cannot WAIT to meet your sweet little girl. Thanks for the great updates!

Love Kari

Molly said...

I was so jealous when I heard that Tara got to see you. She just loved every minute of her time and showed me some adorable pictures of you. She agrees with me that you are one hott pregnant woman!

Love these new pictures and that you are enjoying these last few days before you become parents. Love you all and we missed you terribly this weekend, but are so glad you are where you are and have this precious time together!