Monday, August 31, 2009

Update

Scott and I went to the doctor today. Caution - lots of medical terminology and discussion about my body ahead, so read at your own risk. :)

We had a biophysical done on our baby girl, and she passed with flying colors. She was moving around a lot and "breathing" on her own. (In fact, she started 'breathing' whenever Scott got down close to my belly and talked to her. So cute.) My body has also made significant progress towards labor from last week. I'm dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced, so basically baby girl could come at any time. (Last week I was dilated to a 1 and 30% effaced.)

The original plan was to admit me to the hospital this evening to soften my cervix and then start on pitocin tomorrow morning. Since my cervix is nearly ready, the doctor said there was no reason for me to go to the hospital this evening. She said that if I still wanted to move forward with the induction tomorrow morning, we could do that. Or if I was anxious about being induced, we could wait because Tuesday was an arbitrary date. She was only going to insist on inducing me on Tuesday if my body had made no progress towards labor. But after the exam today, she said my body is likely to go into labor on it's own in the next few days; however, Dr. Pearman will not let me go past Friday. (Friday will be nearly 2 weeks past my due date... who knew?!?!) I was having intense anxiety about being induced. I couldn't sleep last night, and I just didn't feel a peace about the situation. I know women are induced often, but I really want to give my body and our baby girl every opportunity to go into labor when the time is right. And since I still feel good, baby girl is doing well, and my body is progressing, I don't feel the need to rush. Today was an answer to prayer! God is so good.

So hopefully labor will start on its own in the next few days. If not, we've got an spot reserved at St. Luke's East for 6:30 am on Friday morning to bring this little one into the world. Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes. I know I've been a little distant this past week as my emotions have been all over the place, so thanks for hanging in there with me. We will keep you all posted! All our love - Scott and Krista

7 comments:

Erin said...

It's getting so close! I can hardly wait. I know you must be super anxious. I can understand your emotions being all over the place. Guess this means you have to take the "Miss August" outfit now.

Sara S. said...

Pray, pray, praying! I think you made the right decision girl! Little Baby Girl Williams will be on her way out very soon. I just know it. I am sending you all three hugs from down here in Guatemala! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Who knew we might get to see Baby Girl in the hospital before she goes home! :) We love you guys and are continuing to pray for you!

Love you guys!

bsjones7 said...

Praying for you guys (all three of you) that things go well! What an exciting time for you all and your family!

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! Girl, I think you made the right decision. I am so proud of you because I know you have to be physically uncomfortable. But going with your gut and waiting it out should mean an easier delivery on all. I am praying for you sweet friend, for Scott and for sweet baby girl!

Did my suggestion help? I know you wanted to kick me in the rear, but I swear everyone who has done that has seen progress!!! Love you!

Melissa T. said...

You are so strong! I know that only a mother can possibly understand what you've been through over the past week, but I know there are lots of prayers said for you and yours. I know I am biased, but hoping you go in natural labor late late late Thursday night and have her Friday morning. Dave and I would LOVE to have her join our club! Love you

Nana Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.