Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Final (scheduled) doctor's appointment

This morning was our last scheduled doctor's appointment. Everything checked out great with baby girl. I am dilated to a 1 and am 30% effaced, which is progress from last week's appointment. Unfortunately, these measurements don't really give us a great idea of when she will come, but we do know my body is making progress towards delivery day! My doctor said she won't let me go any longer than 10 days past my due date, which is September 1. Hopefully baby girl will not wait until then. I'd rather go into labor on my own versus being induced!

On Sunday, Scott and I had a great day together just doing whatever we wanted. (I'm told days like these are luxuries once the baby arrives.) We went shopping, grabbed a burger at Fuddruckers (haven't been there in years!), got ice cream at Sonic, and saw a movie. It was a great day to just hang out together and not have an agenda.

So needless to say, we are anxiously awaiting her arrival. Next week will be tough if she decides to hang out in my belly a little longer! I guess we'll just have to have a couple more days like last Sunday if she plans on making us wait!

3 comments:

Nana Jones said...

Sounds like the princess is getting ready to make her debut! Nana is EXCITED!!!! I am sure she is anxious to meet her mommy and daddy. Krista and Scott, there is life about baby..........it is called GRANDPARENTS!!!! This is going to be fun:)

Molly said...

The excitement is killing me! This is so cool to be able to keep in touch over your blog and know how things are going. Praying for you and for baby girl that things continue to progress. Although I don't know things from experience I know a lot of things that can help bring on labor! Just let me know if you get desperate!

Courtney Connelly said...

Krista,
So excited that baby girl will be here soon. Enjoy these last few days of being pregnant and can't wait to see pictures!
Love,
Courtney