Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rice Cereal!

Sienna had her first 'solid' tonight.... rice cereal. Now, the cereal was more a liquid than a solid (1 T of rice cereal mixed with 4 T breast milk), but nonetheless she ate with a spoon! She didn't quite get the whole spoon thing, but I think she'll get in the swing of it within the week. It was pretty darn cute to watch her try out this new skill. :)


Getting ready for her first bite!

First bite. "Dang it, mom! I was hoping for some ice cream instead!"

In the end, she ended up with most of the cereal on her face & bib.

4 comments:

Erin said...

LOVED the video. I really wanted it to last longer. I was enjoying watching her attempt to eat. Thanks for sharing so much of her life on here. I hate missing out on so much of it the rest of teh time.

Aunt Karla said...

That is a hilarious video...I love the videos! Lots of slurping...loved the bubbles on the third bite.

Nana Jones said...

The video is so cute! Thanks for sharing Bee's first attempts at rolling around her cereal in her little birdy mouth. Sienna is adorable and I love how big her eyes got when she was trying to figure this new eating experience out! What a doll baby!

Marilyn said...

she is so cute as she learns new things. Thanks for sharing these awesome moments with all of us! gramma