Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Waiting for Sienna

I realize this post is horribly out of chronological order, but I am finally in the frame of mind to write it! In the weeks leading up to Sienna's birth, I was trying to keep my mind off the fact that I was nearly 2 weeks (TWO WEEKS!!!!) past my due date. The first week was fairly easy. I just did some things around the house, went to the pool and finished her nursery. Now the second week came around, and there wasn't much preparation remaining. So here's a rendition of all the things I did to keep my mind off the time!

August 29: It was unseasonably cold, and my family came over for a fire and s'mores.
Scott and I by the 'campfire'

We ended up having to roast our marshmallows over the gas grill after we saw the outcome of our marshmallows over the fire log. (below)


Gray marshmallows. Mom and Karla both took bites. Sensing something tasted funny, they took the marshmallows into the light and discovered the funky coloring. (In case you didn't know, as we obviously didn't, you cannot eat any food that is cooked over one of those fire starter logs. Too many chemicals released - whoops!!)


August 30: We had my family and Kyle and Hannah over for dinner. It was a fun night and kept my mind off Sienna... at least temporarily!





September 1: My mom, dad, sister, husband and I played a rousing game of Phase 10.... and I won! (No, they did not let me win. At least, I don't think they did...)

September 3: My sister and I went on a 3.5 mile walk in the morning from our house to JP Coffee. It was my final attempt to encourage Sienna to make her debut. No luck! I knew we were going to the hospital in the morning, so I needed to get out of the house to make the time pass quickly. So, logically, we played skee-ball and 18 holes of mini-golf that evening. Fun! Thanks family!




5 comments:

Erin said...

Glad you didn't eat the marshmallows! Those were scary!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful to see! I wondered how you were making due for that long and I can't tell you enough how proud I am of you for waiting it out until she was ready. LOVE these pictures and girl...I can't tell you how hot you are pregnant! You still had ankles when you were overdue! That's got to be some kind of gift from God. Love you and thank you for sharing these stories...miss you!

Becky said...

Love this entry....it is so special to get these memories down now Sienna will love to read through them and so will you! ~Reading this blog made me miss you and Scott so much Kris...so wish we lived closer!!!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I am so glad Sienna is here!! One more month till Thanksgiving!

Aunt Karla said...

Hi Sis! I am glad that you posted these pictures...they are so fun! I know that was a LONG week for you, but I loved spending everyday with you. It was entertaining coming up with things to do each day to keep us occupied while Sienna took her SWEET time! Too bad we didn't take a picture at the nail salon...I guess that will be our own private memory! I love you so much Sis! Good work on the blog. I really enjoy it and it keeps me pacified while I am away...BOO! Can't wait to see you and the Bee soon! Love you so much...you too Sienna girl!