Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tenderness

I was reading a few passages in Luke and Psalms this morning and was compelled to share with you all my thoughts. I was reminded of what a tender and loving Lord we have. In the story where Jesus raises the dead boy back to life, I always skim over the motivating factor behind his action. He saw the boy's grief stricken mother, and he was overwhelmed with compassion for her and raised her son from the dead. I love that we have a God who aches when he sees us sad and loves us so intensely. Psalm 68:19 says, "each day he carries us in his arms." Sienna LOVES being carried in our arms. When she is scared, tired or not feeling well, the only place she wants to be is in our arms. I love that God provides the same place for us. I pray that we can show Sienna how to find this place of peace and rest with Jesus as she grows older.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing God we have! Great insight, brought tears to my eyes!

Love you guys, so glad Sienna is feeling better!

Aunt Karla said...

What a great reminder to me and what a sweet prayer for Sienna. She will see Jesus reflected off of you and Scott. You both are awesome servants of Him and His love towards Sienna everyday. I love you Sis. You are an amazing woman and I love that you are MY sister!!!