Friday, August 27, 2010

Walking

Sienna has officially moved from 'steps' to 'walking' in the past few days. She will walk on her own from a standing position. I think her longest distance is about 8 feet before crashing, but she sure is proud of herself. It's so cute to watch her take these first, shaky steps. She still crawls quite a bit, since crawling is much faster than walking.
She and I went to the park this afternoon, and she didn't want to hold both of my fingers to walk like she normally does. Instead, she wanted me to walk at her side and only hold one hand. So as we walked side-by-side around the park, I couldn't help think that my baby is turning into a toddler. While it makes me sad to see her grow-up, I LOVE watching her explore this world, learn new things and become more independent everyday. Today was awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person so soon!!!!! I wish Kyle could too, we'll get him home sometime soon, hopefully!

Aunt Karla said...

Good girl Sisi!! Can't wait to play with you and mommy on Friday! Love you girls!