Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby Shower - Friends

Last Saturday, my friends Brooke and Alicia hosted a baby shower for me. They served an amazing brunch - complete with cinnamon rolls, quiche, salad, fruit, coffee and punch. It was such a great day - every detail was perfect! I feel incredibly grateful that so many friends gathered together to celebrate our baby girl. Thanks to everyone who was able to attend and make the day special for me!

The next day, my mom and sister helped me organize and put away all the baby gifts in the nursery. It makes this 'experience' feel so much more real to have her stuff in the nursery! I went into the bathroom to show Scott all her bath toys put away in the cabinet, and I got so choked up! It is such a strange, exciting and wonderful feeling to see baby stuff in our house!

Myself, Brooke & Alicia. Thank you SO MUCH for a great baby shower!

This is the cutest 'cake'. It is actually a bunch of cupcakes (I LOVE cupcakes) covered in icing.

My mom-in-law, Marilyn, and I

My sister, me and my mom. Karla made buttons for them to wear - "Proud Aunt" and "Nana". How fun!

Opening gifts - so many cute things!

3 comments:

Molly said...

So wish I could have been there Krista! What a wonderful day to celebrate your new family! Thanks for the pictures...love seeing that tummy. You look incredible, but when do you not? Seriously cute red dress and fun necklace.

It's so fun watching you become a mommy! Thanks for updating this so well!

Nana Jones said...

The shower was SO fun! Great food and cute cake with so many good friends of our family that came to celebrate Krista becoming a mommy and Scott becoming a daddy to BABY GIRL! Brooke and Alicia did a fabulous job! This Nana had so much fun seeing all that PINK!!!! Did I ever tell you that GIRLS rock?:) Krista, you continue to look simply adorable in your prego state! I love you so much!!!

Jenny Cowart said...

I LOVE the cupcake cake! It is adorable! The shower looked like so much fun! You look amazing, Krista!

Love you!
Jenny