Monday, February 22, 2010

Did that really just happen?

So let me give you a timeline of our weekend.
Friday AM: Scott leaves for Florida. They have a "sales" meeting down there for the next week.
Saturday 7 AM: Sienna throws up almost her entire bottle. Weird, but not unprecedented. She was coughing a lot that morning, so I chalk it up to her cough.
Saturday Noon: Sienna and I go to lunch with Gramma Marilyn. Sienna has some funky gas, but otherwise acts normal.
Saturday 2:30 PM: Sienna wakes up crying after only sleeping 30 minutes. I am holding her on the couch, and she proceeds to vomit all over herself, me & the couch. There can't be anything left in her stomach. Immediately afterwards, she has horrible diarrhea.
Saturday night: Sienna wakes up a few times with painful cries, but luckily no more vomiting. Whew.
Sunday afternoon: I start feeling sluggish. Just figure I'm tired.
Sunday 3:30 PM: I can hardly hold Sienna because I am so weak and shaking. I feel like I could throw up at any moment. I sit with her on the floor of her room, waiting for my mom & dad to come over and help.
Sunday 4:30 PM: I am vomiting violently and laying on the couch feeling like I could die. I have not been this sick in YEARS.
Sunday night: My mom decides to stay over & help take care of Sienna, since I am obviously unable to at this point in time. Also, Sienna's been waking up at night for about the past week since she's had a cough/cold/flu. I figure I'm going to need some help at night.
Sunday 7:00 PM: Sienna is screaming & crying because she is tired & wants me (not Nana) to put her to bed. I am dry heaving in the next room. Lovely.
Sunday 7:30 PM: Sienna goes to sleep.
Sunday 8:30 PM: I go to sleep.
Sunday 9:30 PM: My mom starts throwing up. She calls my dad to come over and spend the night, so he can help with Sienna if she wakes up.
Monday 12:30 AM: My dad starts throwing up. No joke.
Monday 12:30 AM - 3:30 AM: I am awake and can't go back to sleep because my fever is so high.
Monday 6:45 AM: Sienna wakes up, oblivious to the night's antics. Luckily, she did not wake up in the middle of the night. I'm not sure who would have taken care of her. I call Scott to fill him in on the craziness. He's lucky to be in Florida.
Monday Noon: I finally eat something and start laundry... it's going to take many loads of laundry to rid our home of these germs.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, Krista! How horrible! Talk about a fast acting stomach bug! You need a cleaning crew to come clean your house so you guys can all get well! Wow, did Scott really luck out!

Hope you feel better quickly!

Becky said...

oh my goodness this tops all throw-up stories of all time!! I am so sorry! It's pretty funny though;) and will be a great story to tell and laugh at in the FUTURE:/

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like a sitcom sketch, not reality! :-)

Unknown said...

Awww, no fun at all! Selfishly I'm glad it didn't happen this coming weekend, because I really wanna stop by! :)

Molly said...

Oh man. This happened to us on our Breckenridge trip before Christmas. There were like 16 out of our group of 20 that blew chunks and had the squirts. It was fast and crazy fierce how it spread. What's worse is that I know you are thinking, "did she get this at school?" UGH! Glad you are feeling better !!!