Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's weekend has a bittersweet ending

We had a great time celebrating V-Day this weekend. On Friday, Scott made reservations for us at Michael Smith's. The food was excellent; we splurged on the five course dinner. We had fun celebrating another Valentine's Day together. To make the night even more special, my mom and dad kept Sienna overnight at their house. This was the first time we have been away from her overnight. Coming home from dinner to an empty house was a STRANGE feeling, but we had a fantastic time. We had almost forgotten what it felt like to be alone overnight (even without the dog!). Saturday morning we slept in a little, (It's amazing how difficult it is to sleep in now.... and that's coming from the girl that could sleep in until 10 AM on Saturday.) and then went out to breakfast before picking up our little one at Nana and PaPa's. She did great overnight; she woke up around 1:30 AM because her teeth were hurting. Nana put Orajel on her gums, and she went right back to sleep until 8 AM. Sienna got valentines from all her grandparents, and we had such a good time sharing our little love bunny with everyone this weekend.
The bittersweet ending to this weekend is I am going back to work TOMORROW. I'm sad about leaving Sienna, but I have a fantastic job waiting for me at Hallmark. It's going to be a tough transition, so say a little prayer for me if you think about it tomorrow!

Sienna and Gramma with her personalized book!

Sienna and Tompa

Loving the balloon from grandma & grandpa

Reaching for the balloon... I'm just waiting for it to pop & scare the heck out of her! :)

Sienna with grandma & grandpa

Smiling valentine

She melts our heart!

Hello, little valentine!

Daddy and his little valentine

Playing with her favorite puppy, Heartbeat. My mom gave me/Sienna this puppy last Valentine's Day. We had just heard Sienna's heartbeat for the first time this time last year!

4 comments:

Aunt Karla said...

What a cute little Valentine! She was having so much fun with all the grandparents. She is so cute and smiley...I LOVE and ADORE my little niece! Sis, I will be cheering and praying for you tomorrow. You will do great and I know all your co-workers will be so happy to see you back at the helm! Love you so much!!

Becky said...

she is so precious! Great pictures--can't wait to see her again!!! I will be praying for you tomorrow friend--love you!

Unknown said...

Love these pictures! She is the cutest Valentine ever! I'm so excited the dress fits her!!

Praying for you this week! Love you guys

Molly said...

Love these pictures. She is adorable! Praying for you today. I know it's so hard leaving and going back to work. For some insane reason I thought I could go back when Owen was only 6 weeks old! It about killed me, but I only went back part time so that helped. Love you girl and let us know how it goes!