Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First day at work

Monday went much better than I expected, for two reasons. My mom kept Sienna on Monday since she was off school. It was much easier to relax knowing that someone that knows Sienna's habits and loves her dearly was taking care of her. Secondly, I was ready for a break!!! We had a long night on Sunday night. Sienna was up crying every hour from about 10:30 PM until 4 AM. We tried feeding her, giving her Orajel, and rocking her to sleep. About 30 minutes after we'd put her in her crib asleep, she'd wake up crying. And it was a painful cry - so sad. So at 4 AM, we brought her in our bed to sleep. We have NEVER had to do this before with her. The next morning, daddy took her to urgent care while I went to work. What an ideal way to start back to work - ha! They checked her out and said her cough/cold had probably turned into a sinus infection that was causing pressure in her head when she laid down to sleep. Poor baby!!
Today Sienna and I have spent the day sleeping and taking it easy to recover from yesterday. I was so glad I didn't have to go into the office today. I go back to the office Thursday, and I am expecting that to be more difficult since we are leaving her at daycare. I know she is going to be one tired baby! It's just so hard for me to relinquish control of taking care of her because I know her best, and I just love her to pieces! But I know we just need to get through the transition time. Pray for patience and grace!

1 comment:

Courtney Connelly said...

Hey Krista! I sure know the first few weeks back at work can be difficult and emotional. It does get easier and you will do wonderfully balancing being a mom and having a career, it is possible and rewarding!